Spiritual Healing with Ruqyah-Mishary Al-‘Afasee
Ruqyah in Islam is simply the recitation of Qur’an, seeking of the refuge of Allah subhana wa ta’aala , remembrance and supplications that are used as a means of treating sicknesses and other problems like Black Magic, Evil Eye, Envy and Demonic Possession and more. But this is not all. Qur’an is a healing for all ailments except old age and death that are inevitable. The Qur’an contains treatment for the hearts and souls, and as such it is a means of expelling all sicknesses from the body.In this regard the Qur’an is the healing and remedy for many diseases.
Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We send down of the Qur’an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe” [al-Isra’ 17:82]
TYPES OF RUQYAH:
There are two types of Roqya: Roqya which is prescribed in the Qur’an and Prophetic narrations and ruqyah which contains shirk.
Firstly: Ruqyah according to the Qur’an and Sunnah; there are certain conditions one must follow:
- That Ruqyah must be performed with the words of Allah (Qur’an) or his names and attributes, glorified be he.
- That Roqya should be performed in Arabic or in a language that one is able to understand.
- One must believe that ruqyah is not of itself cure but the cure is from Allah (glory be to him) alone, but we need to use the means that Allah has provided us in Islamic law that cure.
- Ibn Hajar in Fath al Bari 10/602, all scholars have agreed upon the permissibility of ruqyah providing the above conditions are met.
- Secondly ruqyah ash-shirkiyyah:
This is ruqyah in which other than the help of Allah is sought, by supplicating or calling help or to seek the protection from other than Allah; like the names of spirits, angels, pious believers or even prophets. As for supplicating to other than Allah then this Shirk Al Akbar (major shirk which removes one from Islam) and when this is performed you may not recognise this as they may do it in a non-arabic language; one that have never heard before or not understand, and the reason for that may be so that you associate others partners with Allah whilst you are not aware of it. Needless to say that this is from a type of ruqyah that is not allowed under Islamic law.